Calendula - from worship to healing
In this blog series we will be introducing the amazing herbs we are using in our organic herb balm.
This blog will look at the herb calendula, also known as Pot Marigold.
This pretty flower has been used for thousands of years in many forms. Hindus often use it to adorn religious idols in a colourful display of worship. The petals and oil from the flowers have been used for their medicinal properties across the world.
Some of the medicinal benefits of calendula are:
- Calendula is anti-inflammatory. Soothing irritated, damaged, itchy, sore and dry skin.
- It promotes hydration of the skin at the deep layers leaving skin hydrated, smooth and soft.
- Promotes and encourages healing of damaged skin.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties, with some small studies showing antiviral properties too.
- Increases blood flow to help promote healthy skin and increase healing.
These properties are why this herb was a must have when we designed our herb balm. It will help soothe, nourish, heal, calm and protect dry, damaged and irritated skin. Perfect.
We are doing blogs on all the ingredients we use. So if you found this interesting have a peek at the others.
Thank you for reading.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.