Avocado Oil – The little green fruit that packs a punch
We love avocado here at Nadarra HQ. We eat it in smoothies, with salad, as guacamole…and we put the oil on our skin.
This delicious fruit oil is packed full of skin loving ingredients, which help repair, soothe and protect skin. This oil has been used as a skin product since the time of the Aztecs.
The skin loving properties of avocado oil include:
- Anti-inflammatory properties- this oil is able to calm inflammation, reducing itching, soreness and redness.
- One study found it actually increased wound healing! It increased the collagen formation. Wow.
- As we age it is the reducing collagen content of the skin that makes the skin look older. So encouraging more formation helps the skin look younger and healthier, restoring skin elasticity.
- Full of anti-oxidants- avocado oil helps heal skin cells, reducing dryness, flaky skin – helping dry skin conditions.
- The fatty acids nourish, hydrate and protect the skin. Leaving it smooth, hydrated and soft.
- Leaves the skin feeling moisturised but not greasy.
These properties of avocado oil are why we chose it for our new Nadarra Organic Herb Balm. Which will soothe irritated, dry, sore skin and dry skin conditions.
There are also other uses for avocado oil we thought you would like to know:
- Hair conditioner, massage a few drops into the tips of your hair to help reduce frizz and split ends. Or massage through the full length for a deep intensive condition weekly.
- Makeup removal, use our reusable makeup pads with a few drops of avocado oil to gently remove makeup residue…even waterproof mascara. It leaves your skin soft and moisturised rather than dry from harsh makeup removers.
- Massage into nail cuticles to get healthier, softer cuticles and healthier nails.
- You can also make it into a delicious dressing.
We hope you have enjoyed our tour of avocado oil and the amazing benefits of using it for your skin.
We are doing blogs on all the ingredients we use. So have a peak.
Thank you for reading.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.